Some of the best and cheapest food we had was on road stops on the numerous buses we took during our trip.
- Indonesia: The food comes to you as many vendors board the bus and sell bananas, Nasi Goreng, Lontong, gelatinous rice, and fruit juices
- Laos: Rolling past endless rows of fried duck and chicken sold on wooden carts
- Thailand: Delicious spring rolls with equally delicious sweet and spicy sauce
- Nepal: Hot tandoor roti with daal, rice, and vegetables served on long tables. The food is all you can eat as women go around with a bucket and ladle and pour more food into your plate until the bus leaves.........delicious
- China: Uighur food is finger licking and we had plenty of it in tiny restaurants warmed by a wood stove with diners gathered all around drinking pots of green tea and delicious mutton with greasy nans or pasta
- Tajikistan: Sitting on the floor eating nan, fresh yogurt, and mutton
- Cambodia: Delicious coconut rice, fish, and noodles