Paris Reacquainted

I wanted to remember my Paris from when I was last here 10 years ago, which is a long time ago for any other city but not Paris, since change comes thankfully slow, if at all.

 I wanted to explore some different places but also see familiar ones and reconnect sentimentally.

Since, I am staying close to Montmarte, getting around is pretty easy to most of the popular sites, so began by walking to the Louvre. I didn't go inside but walked the perimeters on a picture perfect cloudy and gloomy day. I walked next along the River Seine to Place Concorde to soak up the city and even take pictures for a few tourists. I found it cool that they approached me and asked me in French.

It was next to Hotel Invalides since I hadn't seen Napoleans tomb before. Officially known as L'Hôtel national des Invalides (The National Residence of the Invalids), is a complex of buildings in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, France, containing museums and monuments, all relating to the military history of France, as well as a hospital and a retirement home for war veterans, the building's original purpose. The buildings house the Musée de l'Armée, the military museum of the Army of France, the Musée des Plans-Reliefs, and the Musée d'Histoire Contemporaine, as well as the burial site for some of France's war heroes, notably Napoleon Bonaparte.

Last time I was here, I never made it up to the Eiffel Tower, so this time took the stairs from the south tower all the up to the 2nd deck for some great view made better by the gray cloudy skies.

I walked back along the Seine through the Jardin Des Tuleries (part of the Louvre) on Champs Elysees back to my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment